9th EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABLE CITIES & TOWNS
- par Rédaction
- 2020-04-13 12:43:32
Be part of the transformation!
The COVID-19 pandemic is leading us all to be uncertain about the future. Given the critical importance of transformation to a sustainable society, we commit to ensuring that you can take part in the Mannheim2020 conference in some way – hopefully on site in Mannheim.
Held every three years, the conference is the multi-level interface between the European Union and sustainability action at local level.
Local transformation needs to be brought to the next level in all aspects of society. Europe needs solutions for major environmental, economic and social challenges!
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability and the City of Mannheim will bring together local and regional leaders, European and international institutions and some of the brightest minds working on cutting edge research, businesses and the civil society to forge a more sustainable Europe.
Mannheim, 30 September - 2 October 2020
Find here the PROGRAMME of the 3 days with solution sessions on : social innovation in energy transitions, smart city solutions working with the users, climate cmergency: from ambition to action, clean and efficient urban mobility
On the agenda :
- What is the change we need and what can cities do to make this happen?
- How can a European Green Deal become a true opportunity for change?
- What is the social and environmental impact of digitalisation and what is its public value?
- What is the perspective for a sustainable economy we need?
- How local and how global are the perspectives for a new economic model?
- Who is responsible?
- And who pays the bill?
- What do our citizens want and what can they do themselves?
- How can we step up citizen mobilisation for positive transformation?
- How can this become the transformation that we all want?
- How can we scale up local action to the national and European levels?
- How do we go mainstream?
- Who else do we need to make this happen?
You want to know more about this conference held every three years, click here
Information from ICLEI to be found here