Dear network & partners,
we are pleased to invite you for a stakeholder workshop, where we want to explore opportunities to operationalize the Circular Economy framework in the context of Swiss cities.
Cities today are where most materials are used and wasted, and where buildings, cars, and products are consistently under-used (Source: Ellen Mac Arthur, Circular Cities report). In parallel, waste prevention, ecodesign, reuse and similar measures could bring net savings of €600 billion, or 8% of annual turnover, for businesses in the EU, while reducing total annual greenhouse gas emissions by 2-4% (Source: European union, CE communication report).
We believe that bringing key players to cooperate in the transformation towards "circular cities" has the potential to create unimagined opportunities, help achieve the highly needed sustainable development goals and increase quality of life for citizens in cities.
The workshop is aimed at :
- Municipal representatives who are working on the topic of circular cities or those who would like a new perspective on the topic
- Companies who are interested in shifting their business models or are already offering sustainable solutions and products
- Interested representatives from politics, science, NGOs, citizens’ initiatives, who would like to participate actively in the transformation process
The purpose of the workshop is to stimulate dialogue between key players operating in the fields of Food (Food, Water & Agriculture), Energy (Energy & Transportation), Built environment (Construction) and Commodities (Goods & Services) and explore the cross-cutting activities of the Circular Economy.
We will have some representatives from international organisations joining the workshop to inspire ourselves with other contexts and pioneer projects.
- 17:00 - Welcome & registration
- 17:30 - Towards a circular economy, Principles & Business Case - Circular Economy Transition
- 17:45 - The Water - Energy - Food nexus - Inspiration from successful international use-cases - alchemia-nova
- 18:00 - Implementing nature based solutions for creating a resourceful circular city COST Circular Cities
- 18:10 - Circular Cities, Focus on Switzerland - ECOS
- 18:25 - Breakout rounds - City Mapping - Status quo / opportunities / next steps
- 19:20 - Sharing & outlook
- 19:45 - Networking & Apéro
We’re keen to discuss approaches, opportunities, risks and concrete implementation steps of Circular Cities with you.
Looking forward to this evening with you!