European energy transition conferences 2018: discover the House of Industrial Ecology and meet its partners!
From 30 January to 1 February 2018, Greater Geneva's cross-border urban area is hosting the 19th “European energy transition conference”.
For 3 days, nearly 3,500 participants representing public authorities, the economic and academic worlds and civil society are expected at the PALEXPO Congress Centre to discuss the energy transition of regions around the theme “Cooperating to make the energy transition a success”.
Transport, urban planning, agriculture, economy, renewable energies, new technologies, management of information systems, new forms of solidarity and governance: through a programme of over a hundred meetings, plenary sessions, workshops and thematic visits, governments and people involved in the energy transition will be looking at these major issues and sharing their experiences and solutions.
As every year, a number of spaces and events will be proposed based on the event such as the “Energy transition Village” and the “Crossroads for energy transition jobs”, in addition to a programme of more than 80 fringe events to be discovered throughout the Greater Geneva area.
Genie.ch will be there with the “House of industrial ecology” within the “Energy transition village”.
Many companies involved in industrial ecology in Geneva have joined as sponsors of this large-scale operation: Gravières d’Epeisses, BG engineers, Losinger-Marazzi, Helvetia Environnement, SIG, the canton of Geneva and Energy Management and FTI. Organized by the latter, the House is also coordinated operationally by Sofies, CIRIDD and EtienneEtienne communication agency.
This will be the opportunity for you to meet the people and partners of the industrial ecology network in the canton of Geneva, Genie.ch, and to discover the flagship projects in Geneva.
The House offers a rich, interactive programme:
- An exhibition presenting several practical projects, as well as a film on industrial ecology.
- “Morning nuggets”: three days of meetings at 11:15 a.m., discussion sessions illustrated live by a designer around innovative projects presented by partners of the House.
- “Circulab business game” sessions at 3 p.m. each day, a collective event to create business models from the opportunities offered by the circular economy.
- Discussion areas to talk with the project leaders.
GENIE will speak at two conferences:
- Tuesday, January 30 at 3:45 p.m.: “GENIE.CH: industrial ecology in the canton of Geneva, from being written into law to a momentum led by practical private and public projects in the region” (speed dating format no. 17)
- Wednesday, January 31 at 3:45 p.m.: “When local authorities engage in the circular economy: from field projects to an international network of knowledge and cooperation” (inspiration format no.28)
> REGISTER FOR GENIE HOUSE ACTIVITIES
For more information:
Link to the programme of fringe visits: http://www.grand-geneve.org/actualites/la-19eme-edition-des-assises-europeennes-de-la-transition-energetique-annonce-une
PARTNERS OF THE GENIE.CH HOUSE
Other news in "Member news"
The 2nd "Grand Paris Circulaire", which took place on October 4th and 5th at the Beffroi de Montrouge, was marked by the official launch of the collaborative platform GrandParisCirculaire.org. Dedicated to the circular economy, its (...)
With over 450 companies and 670 members, Genie.ch has been Geneva's industrial ecology professional network since 2015. Highlighting flagship projects, news, sector pages, communities, workshops ... after successfully working on topic (...)
On September 27th, the GENIE.ch promotion committee organized another event during a morning meeting at Fintech Fusion in Carouge for the Ambassadors of the Network As with the other GENIE events (meetings, workshops, webinars, etc (...)