- Route de l'Aéroport 21, 1218 Grand-Saconnex
- Start date : mai 2016
- End date : mai 2017
The industrial ecology project run by Genève Aéroport aims initially to understand the flows of material and energy for all activities at the airport, as well as the needs of people involved in the economics of the site. As part of a participatory approach, the objective is then to identify improvement measures that meet the real needs of the companies and then to implement a series of priority actions to give added value from both operational and environmental standpoints.
- Approximately 30 concession-holders on the airport site involved, representing more than 75 sales outlets - Economies of scale and logistical efficiency through sharing deliveries - Reduction of environmental impacts and traffic-related pollution - More rational use of the area through improved distribution of vehicles and an optimal configuration of spaces
Stages of the project
Industrial ecology has never yet been applied on a large scale within an airport. Implementing it in Geneva is therefore an innovation at international level. Already very active in terms of the environment, Genève Aéroport also has operating features that facilitate this type of project: commercial concessions and delegation agreements, shared collection and management of waste, and a heat network connecting 80-90% of companies.
Areas of activity
Phase 1 - Identify areas of synergy between companies
- Analysis of the data available at Genève Aéroport and qualitative representation of flows
- Information, awareness raising and mobilization of companies through workshops.
- Collecting additional data (bilateral interviews)
Phase 2 - Implementing concrete projects
- Supporting companies (portage, business model, financing, implementation, follow-up)
- Communication (airport intra-/extranet, social networks)
- Making the approach sustainable at Genève Aéroport: guide to best practice and instructions
Name of financierhttps://www.gva.ch/environnement