Benefits and prospects (quantitative and qualitative)
The use of recycled asphalt aggregates can:
- reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions
- contribute to sustainable development
- conserve natural resources and landfills
- limit transport for supplying new materials and eliminating site "waste"
- improve the image of construction companies
- improve employee comfort by reducing the risk of burns and emitting less smoke and heat
The first use dates from 2011 and was a two-way cycle path made of Valorcol T, on route de Soral (RC 67) for the Canton of Geneva.